By Archers’ Butchers
1/2kg of red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
125ml of red wine
10 sprigs of thyme
100ml of balsamic vinegar
2tbsp of plain flour
1. Scatter the onions, garlic and thyme in a large roasting tray.
2. Place the sausages on top of the onions and place the tray in an oven and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Turn the sausages and cook for a further 20 minutes.
4. Remove the sausages from the roasting tray and keep warm.
5. Place the roasting tray over the hob, on a high heat; add the flour and mix; add the vinegar, wine, and stock and reduce until it has thickened.
Serve with mashed potato and peas