By Stoke Mill
6 slices of higher welfare pancetta
1 fennel bulb
1 onion, finely chopped
3 plum tomatoes
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red peppers, roasted
2ltrs of organic chicken stock, hot
1 heaped tsp of smoked paprika
500g of paella rice; 10 king prawns
1 small bunch flat-leafed parsley (leaves picked and chopped)
500g of mussels
2 small squid
2 fillets of halibut
1. Put the pan on the heat. Add the sliced chorizo and fry until browned and crispy. Add the onion, fennel and garlic and cook until soft.
2. Meanwhile infuse half the hot chicken stock with the saffron.
3. Add the smoked paprika, rice and infused stock and leave to cook on medium heat, stirring from time to time.
4. After 20 minutes the rice should be nearly cooked. At this point, pour in the rest of the stock along with the peas, chopped tomatoes, peppers, prawns, mussels and squid.
5. Pan fry the halibut on both sides for 2 minutes.
6. Finally, serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and a wedge of lemon, with the halibut on top