By Ellen Mary
450g of freshly picked spinach leaves
olive oil for cooking and serving
4 garlic cloves
80g of pine nuts
Parmesan and chilli flakes to serve
If you are using home grown spinach, ensure that you harvest your spinach when the leaves are still young so that you will enjoy super tasting leafy greens which take no time to cook and complement many cold and hot dishes.
1. Cook your spaghetti according to the instructions, in a little salted water
2. At the same time, wash your spinach and heat a little olive oil in a wok
3. Add the chopped garlic cloves to the heated oil to soften, then add the pine nuts and spinach. It will only take about 5 minutes for the spinach to wilt
4. Drain the spaghetti, toss into the wok and stir everything together without the heat on to avoid sticking
5. Grate a little Parmesan into the mix and add in some salt and pepper to taste
6. Serve in bowls with some Parmesan shavings and chilli flakes, plus a drizzle of olive oil
7. Enjoy with a crisp white wine!
Recipe published in Feast, issue 03.