Reader recipe by Judi McCarthy
Recipe published in Feast, Issue 1 – January 2016
Preparation time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
pinch of salt
2 salmon fillets
20g of mascarpone
455g of fresh tagliatelle;
I handful of grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wrap salmon* in foil with a small knob of butter and cook in oven for 15 minutes.
2. Whilst the salmon is cooking, put the butter, olive oil and garlic into a heavy bottomed pan, and stir it around until the butter melts and the garlic starts to cook. Then add leeks and a pinch of salt. Put a lid on pan and let this gently sweat without colouring for 5-10 minutes until the leeks are soft and sweet. Add the mascarpone. Let this gently melt into the leeks, creating a semi-thick sauce.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Add the pasta to the sauce. Break the salmon into pieces and add to the sauce and mix gently. The sauce should perfectly coat the pasta, if it does seem a little thick, add a little of the cooking water from the pasta.
4. Sprinkle generously with the Parmesan.
* Bacon could be substituted for salmon.