by Ellen Mary
Recipe published in Feast, Issue 1 – January 2016
1 tbsp of coconut oil
2cm of fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 fresh chillies, deseeded
soy sauce and chilli seeds to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a wok or frying pan, then slice the onion and gently fry to soften for a couple of minutes.
2. Add in the chopped ginger and chilli and continue to fry for a further few minutes until everything has softened.
3. Chop the cabbage, removing the thick spine from the outer leaves but use those dark green crinkly leaves because they are so full of flavour.
4. Add the cabbage to the pan, mix all of the ingredients and allow to cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until the leaves have softened but still have that gorgeous cabbage crunch.
5. Add a touch of soy sauce and chilli seeds to finish off the dish, but it’s perfectly tasty without them.