1 finely chopped red onion
300g of risotto rice
750ml of vegetable stock
60g of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
black pepper and a lemon, quartered, to serve
1. Fry the onion until softened in the butter gently
2. Add the rice and cook for a just a few minutes on a medium heat.
3. Make sure it gets a good covering of the butter and onion mix
4. Add the hot stock slowly and carry on stirring until all of the stock has been poured in the mix
5. Steam the asparagus for about 5 minutes or until tender and chop up once it is cooked
6. Add a small knob of butter to the asparagus and half the Parmesan to the risotto and give it a stir
7. Serve in warm bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan, some black pepper and lemon quarters on each dish
Recipe published in Feast, issue 04.