Recipe from Gressingham Duck |
Serves Three – Four
Salt and ground pepper
500ml can of beer
1. Pat the skin of the duck with kitchen roll to absorb any excess moisture
2. Score the skin of the whole duck and season with salt and ground pepper inside and outside of the duck.
3. Take a 500ml can of beer and empty out (drink!) two thirds of the content. Pierce another two holes in the top of the can.
4. Sit the duck on top of the can, it should sit all the way down on the can. Place in a deep drip pan.
5. Prepare your BBQ for cooking on an indirect medium heat.
6. Place the duck in the tray on the grate and close the lid (if possible). Cook for around 2 hours until the temperate of the thickest part of the thigh and leg reaches 70oC. Serve with a salad.