By Ellen Mary
a sprinkle of cumin, turmeric, and coriander
1 large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
1cm of fresh ginger, grated
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
a pack (260g) of spinach
chopped fresh coriander or parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil and chuck in all of the spices and herbs (but don’t burn them!).
2. Stir in the onion just for a few minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and ginger.
3. When everything has been combined, add in the roughly chopped sweet potato and give everything a good mix.
4. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the coconut milk and stir so everything is covered.
5. Leave to simmer on a medium heat for about 20 minutes.
6. When the potato is soft, add in all of the spinach (it will wilt as it heats up).
7. Cook your quinoa as per instructions and dish up with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
8. Sprinkle some roughly chopped coriander or parsley to taste and enjoy with a…beer!