250g of long grain rice
1 tsp of coconut oil
600g of chicken breast fillets sliced into strips
150ml of white wine
150g mix of button and chestnut mushrooms
400ml of whipping cream
chopped flat leaf parsley
2 lemon wedges to taste
1. Cook the rice as per the packet instructions.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and gently fry the leeks for up to 2 minutes, just to soften.
3. Add the wine and water to the softened leeks and give the mixture a gentle stir.
4. Leave this to simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper at this stage if you require.
5. Put the chicken strips, mushrooms, cream and a pinch of parsley in the frying pan, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Drain the rice and serve with the creamy leek stew, garnished with the lemon wedges and another pinch of parsley.
Recipe published in Feast, issue 02.