- This event has passed.
Deepdale Farm – Open Farm Sunday
June 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join Deepdale Farm on Sunday 27th June for Open Farm Sunday. You are welcome to visit for the morning or afternoon, to learn about the farm, meet the team, meet some of our partners, and join us for a walk around parts of the farm that aren’t usually open to the public.
Come and find out more about the crops that we’re growing, how we’re farming organically and how we’re managing much of the farm to support wildlife.
Sunday morning: 10am – 12.30pm
Sunday afternoon: 2pm – 4.30p
Please book a free ticket for each person in your party, as this is a ticket only event. Exhibition and walk tickets are separate. Book tickets here.
Things to See and People to Meet
- Deepdale Farm – Team & machinery, including the combine, drill, hedge cutter, discs, loader & more. Find out about what makes healthy soil, why it’s important and what we’re doing to improve the soils on our farm
- Find out about what makes healthy soil, why it’s important and what we’re doing to improve the soils on our farm
- Norfolk Rivers Trust – Some of the team from the catchment sensitive farming team and the conservation team will be on hand to explain how they work with farmers to reduce environmental impact and develop wildlife friendly habitats
- Burnham Overy Bees & Heath Farmhouse Bee Project – They’ll explain how bees work the farm, and have a glass fronted hive on show
- Richard Rood, rural crafter – Richard will be demonstrating his pole lathing, explain process and answer your questions about the courses he’ll be running at Deepdale later in the year
- William Haire, livestock farmer & his sheep – William and Sarah farm locally, and are working with us here at Deepdale Farm to graze and silage our cover crops
Stands will be under cover, so you can chat and learn whatever the weather.
The Guided Walk
- Approximately 1.5 hours and about 3 km
- Walking boots or comfortable wellies are recommended
- Please dress for the weather
- Route is relatively accessible, but we will step into fields to look at soil quality & crops
- Walk won’t be fast paced, as we’ll be stopping to chat, enjoy the views & explain what you can see on the way around